- Bottle of white wine
- 500ml white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 twigs thyme
- 5 leaves sage
- 10 blck pepper cornels
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1kg fresh cut porcini
Add the wine, vinegar, garlic, thyme, sage, salt and pepper to a pot and bring to a boil.
Add the sliced mushrooms.
Cook until the mushrooms are tender.
Cool the mixture down.
Sterilize a jar with boiling water.
Scoop as much of the mixture into the jar as it can take, then fill it up with olive oil.
Honey is a wonderful tool for healing the body, both inside and out. It is moisturizing, exfoliating, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory: all boons for our skin. Plus it soothes throats, relieves upset tummies and even fights off hangovers. But keep in mind that not all honey can be trusted; for buying tips, read "Bee Aware."
1. Wow wash: For a moisturizing face wash, cleanse your face with honey. It’s very simple. Wet your face, scoop out a little bit of honey and smooth it over your face. It will spread easily. Massage into the skin, then rinse with cold water.
2. Pimple power: Banish unsightly pimples by dabbing just a bit of honey on the blemish. The natural antibodies in honey should help heal the pimple without harsh acne medicine.
3. Hair helper: Make a simple moisturizing hair mask with honey. Smooth honey over the ends of wet hair and let it soak for about 10 minutes. Then simply wash your hair as you normally would.
4. Hair rinse: This highly diluted hair rinse technique can help smooth fly-aways and increase shine. Combine 1 teaspoon honey with 4 cups warm water and pour over hair. Do not rinse out.
5. Bathe in honey: Add 1 tablespoon honey and 10 drops lavender essential oil to your bath. The honey will help moisturize your skin and the antispasmodic properties of lavender will help ease tense muscles.
Read more http://www.motherearthliving.com/healthy-home/green-living/uses-for-honey-zmhz14mazpit.aspx#axzz3DS8vYLOZ
Incredible resource on canning. Check it out!