The Herbal Mentorship Collective is for students who have a solid, grounded knowledge of Herbs & their effects on the body, Anatomy & Physiology, and the systems of Western Herbalism, Ayurveda, Dreambody and Shamanism.
For those students who want to mentor with Don Ollsin - Master Herbalist, but need to gain the foundational knowledge of the above topics, we offer the
The Herbal Mentorship Collective:
- Your own personal guide and teacher, someone who will honestly evaluate where you are at in your herbal journey and then encourage and support you to set attainable goals and help you to achieve them.
- A mentor who can answer your questions and quell your concerns.
- A mentor who can help you build confidence, because he has traveled the herbal path and was able to support himself and raise three children, as a full-time practicing herbalist.
- A mentor who opened, owned and operated an herbal store, clinic and dispensary for 18 years and helped thousands of clients and customers.
- Offer guidance in how you can apply and grow your own herbal healing knowledge and practice.
- Staying connected to the seasons and be alerted to which herbs are ready to be harvested and why you would want them in your medicine collection.
- Be part of a dynamic collective of healers who are devoted to bettering themselves and supporting each other in their learning, practice and healing.
- Eran the option to become a Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalists Guild.
Herbal Mentor, Don Ollsin
As a professional herbalist (one of only 250 in North America registered with the American Herbalists Guild - AHG), author and process-oriented educator since 1972, Don Ollsin now wishes to pass down the experience of his lifetime to a new generation of budding herbalists. Because of his love of the earth, his students, and teaching he is now offering a personal mentoring service. This is for those who wish to learn the art and science of herbalism.
For Don, herbs are not just another means to a medical end; he views them more as his friends, allies, and creations of beauty. As an herbal elder he teaches about herbs, while incorporating earth sciences such as shamanism and Ayurveda that directly connect students to the plants, the elements and the dream time. His interest in modern science like the extracellular matrix and process-oriented psychology (dreambody) has also shaped his work for over 45 years.
Having attained a Master's degree in Environmental Education and Communication in 2013, he is now even better equipped to help not just the planet, which he cares passionately about, but also his earth-loving students. True health is achieved when both your inner and outer environments are life sustaining. When we employ natural remedies we not only benefit the person but also the earth. This is sustainable medicine.
As a mentor, his goal is not just to guide you through the motions; he will be responsible for your educational growth in various fields like Herbalism, Ayurveda, Shamanism, Dreambody, Extracellular matrix, Biology of perception and the Zero point field (sentience).
Mentoring, unlike coaching, is a deeper process that focuses on the growth of an individual not just in one area of their life, but in all areas of life. Don Ollsin
Essentially, by being your mentor, he will also counsel, and guide you through the process of self-actualization and help you to overcome your challenges, fears and conflicts around practicing.
Mentorship is a long-term commitment between the mentor and the mentee, allowing time to impart and document learning\training. It will involve everything concerning your professional herbalist development. Don’s mentoring process is geared towards providing guidance from his personal healing experiences of more than 45 years.
You will grow and blossom under the personal guidance of master herbalist and herbal elder Don Ollsin, who possesses almost five decades of experience in the herbal field!
Herbal Wisdom from an Herbal Elder:
- Learning herbs need not be hard, boring, lonely, scary, or complicated. Being mentored makes it exciting, gets you there faster and easier, keeps you focused on your goal and helps you achieve it.
- Traditionally, herbal knowledge has been transmitted orally from teacher to student. A seasoned, mature mentor transmits much of his\her wisdom through direct contact. I offer personalized one-on-one sessions with each mentee as well as group work.
- Only when you seriously and consistently apply yourself to your herbal studies will you become a professional herbalist. A mentor can help keep you on task. It will be more challenging to advance in your herbal study and practice without a mentor and positive group support.
- A mentor will get to know you and your goals and offer clear guidance on how you can grow into the kind of herbalist you want to be.
- We all go through tough personal issues from time to time. A mentor will be there to comfort you when needed or give you encouragement, motivation and challenge when that is what is needed.
- A mentor will not only show you what to learn, they will also help you learn how to learn. We are not taught how to learn in school. Learning how to learn is one of the most rewarding pursuits in life and Don loves sharing this with his mentees. A mentor can help make learning fun and rewarding. Learning herbs can be rewarding, profitable, healing and enriching.
- A seasoned mentor knows the ins and outs of the professional and personal herbal terrains and can help you find opportunities and avoid pitfalls.
- A mentor will guide you to the resources that you didn't or wouldn't even know existed like books, trustworthy websites and important teachers.
- A mentor can save you a lot of time and money by keeping you focused on your goals while using your life as your training ground.
We need a whole new generation of herbalists because:
- Herbs are very important, medicinally, culturally and socio-economically.
- Herbs heal gently yet powerfully.
- Herbs are beautiful and inspiring.
- Herbs are a necessary and important part of our healthcare.
- Herbs are safe, widely available and can be either cultivated or wild-crafted.
Herbs are medicine for the people. They cannot be patented and owned by corporations. Herbs are grassroots medicine and we need grassroots herbalists, professionally trained to do herbal wellness consultations and to potentially be recognized as professional members of the American Herbalists Guild to continue this vital tradition.
Cost: $97.00 per month.
Become a part of the collective.
PHONE: 250-592-7544 (TUESDAY - FRIDAY 9 - 4 PM PST)
Becoming a part of The Herbal Mentorship Collective you will:
- Have one-to-one personal Mentoring Sessions with Don Ollsin, once a month
- Two live webinars a month
- Access to our private dedicated network.
- Develop your own Materia Medica (a Latin medical term for the body of collected knowledge about the therapeutic properties of any substance used for healing i.e., medicines)
- Create your own medicine collection
- Wildcrafting alerts and guidance on when and how to harvest herbs
- Learn how to do wellness consultations
- Develop your confidence in giving herbal advice
- If it is your goal you can begin preparation to become a professional Registered Herbalist with The American Herbalists Guild
If you have more questions about the collective, check out our FAQ page.